Thursday, February 14, 2013

Cultural Diorama: Artsy Mama Who Swims Like a Fish!

Bright Colors and Creativity!
I love taking on new projects around my home.  This is a picture of the table and chairs that I painted and recovered.  I like to think that no project is too big for me.  Growing up I feel that I was able to express my creativity.  My dad is an artist and my mom claims we get all of our creativity from him.  I beg to differ; I think she is pretty creative herself.  We had works of art around our home, and you could always find my dad painting.  I like to express myself through objects I place in my home.  These chairs are bright and cheery and I love the fun element they bring to our kitchen.  I relieve a lot of stress through my creativity and I love completing a project that I have had on my mind for awhile.

Chlorine High!
I started swim lessons when I was four years old.  My dad was my coach.  Throughout my childhood and high school I was a swimmer.  It was a big part of our lives.  We had swim practice during the week and swim competitions on weekends.  I love the feeling of lightness in the water.  I absolutely love the smell of chlorine, it always makes me a little homesick and nostalgic.  The best relaxation comes to me through water.  When I have a stressful day you can most likely find me taking a nice hot bath, or in the pool at the gym.  I love that my kids are in swim lessons and enjoy being in water just as much as I do.   

I Love Being a Mom!
My life revolves around these two little cuties!  I am blessed to be a mother.  Isabelle is 9 years old, and Ben is 8 years old.  I grew up with an amazing mom.  I wanted to be just like her when I grew up.  Becoming a mom for the first time was a monumental moment for me.  I was living my dream!  I want to be at home as much as I can with them.  Now that I am going to school I try to work my schedule around theirs.  I like being home when they are home and I enjoy sending them off to school in the morning.  It is extremely important to me that I be highly involved in their lives. So far I have been able to accomplish this and still go to school full-time.  My parents instilled in me the importance of family, and were always there for me growing up.  I hope that my children feel this same importance through my example.

4 comments:

  1. I usually can tell when you have a new post because you leave a comment on my post. :o) I wish I could do creative projects as well as you do. I am a bit envious of your talent..:o)
    I love the smell of chlorine also, people think I am weird...oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post, too! You are such a great Mom and everything else that you strive to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lutes thing...I LOVE the smell of chlorine too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should make a scentsy wax with the smell =)

    ReplyDelete