The latest happenings at our house:
-Isabelle & Ben are both doing the same 4-H clubs this time, which makes it super easy on us! They do a creative food club on Monday and a basketball club on Tuesday. They both LOVE it! Well except the first day of basketball when Isabelle got hit in the face =( but she recovered and had fun the next week. And Ben has learned some sweet basketball moves!
-I have FINALLY found the perfect shampoo and conditioner. It is Dove and I buy it in bulk at Costco. Life Changing! Well more accurately Hair Changing! So many less knots now =)
-We went to Cache Valley for Easter with Matt's family & Andrew came along. It was a lot of fun being with family. The kids enjoyed the Easter Egg hunt a lot!
-I spent the night at the hospital last night =/ Here is the whole story....
*I went to class Monday morning and was fine. I attended my next class (STATS) and my back started to hurt, and of course I'm a dummy and just thought it was how I was sitting. Nice try stupid head! Class ended and I realized my kidneys were being little stinkers. I went to my STATS Lab and had to leave in the middle of that because my back was killing me. By the time I made it to the car and had called Matt I knew that I was going to have to head to the ER. Thankfully there was an ER right by campus that I could go to. Matt said he would meet me there & I called my Mom to distract me from the pain so I could finish my drive safely.
*I made it to the ER and the pain that was already horrific pretty much exploded and I'm sure that everyone in the waiting room was like get me away from the lady who is dying because I'm sure we will catch whatever she has...thankfully stones aren't catching. Thankfully Matt got there shortly!
*I went back to the treatment room and was given pain meds, didn't help, so they gave me more, didn't help so they gave me more....are we seeing a trend??? They couldn't give me the really good stuff until they talked to a urologist so I patiently waited, whimpering on the outside and cursing them to the fiery pits of Hades in my head. Rational thinking & pain don't go well together!
*They then told me that they were going to keep me overnight for pain management. Basically nothing they could give me over the counter would help...bummer. The only times I have stayed in the hospital was when I gave birth. This was a weird experience. But all of my nurses rocked!!! Seriously such great care! My urologist came and visited me and told me my surgery was scheduled for the next morning.
*Andrew came to visit and help Matt give me a blessing. So thankful for these men and that they hold the Priesthood!!! Mallory also came to visit later that night and brought us frosty's from Wendy's. She is pretty awesome in every way! Matt and Mal left and I finally was brought my medicine (the ones I take everyday) about 11:30. The pharmacy was being extremely slow =( I had a really hard time sleeping. My IV kept getting kinked and so the machine would start beeping. And apparently I don't breathe well at night so the oxygen monitor would beep at me too. Then my IV was low, so that started beeping. Seriously....the beeping NEVER ended! It was a long/very short night of no sleep.
*I got woken up at 6:30 and they took me to the OR prep room. I remembering getting some medicine to make me loopy, and then vaguely remember them wheeling me to the OR and having me move to a different bed. But I can't be really sure that actually happened. The next thing I knew a nurse was waking me up and I felt AWFUL! I have never felt so awful after a surgery. My whole body was going to explode with anxiety and my mouth and throat felt tight. It was like a living nightmare. The anxiety lessened but didn't officially go away for a few hours afterwards. It was horrible! When I got back to my room and with Matt I got really claustrophobic and apparently was trying to take off my gown and was scratching and took my blood pressure cuff off and threw it on the ground. Haha! Totally want to see that in replay one day! Unfortunately I have scratches now on my abdomen and legs...worse reaction to anesthetics. I still feel that tightening in my chest, now 10 hours later, and worry about the anxiety. Hopefully by tomorrow I will be fine!
*The doctor took out the stone, and he put it in a jar and gave it to Matt. After my surgery I passed a smaller one and the nurse saved that one too. We need to keep them cause those suckers are EXPENSIVE! Haha! Matt and I took a walk and then I got to eat some lunch. I chose oatmeal cause that stuff is good! And I didn't want to eat anything too crazy on my empty, medicated stomach. Then I finally fell asleep and slept for a good while. When I got up I was hungry but opted to leave and not wait around for hospital food. So happy to have that experience over with. Oh and just as I was changing to get ready to go home....guess who started her period? No, not Matt, but good guess! Haha...me!!! I mean really????? Couldn't that have waited just a couple more days. And I also have burning due to the stone extraction so that makes it even more fun. I know, you guys are all so jealous!
*So where were the kids all this time??? Well it just so happens that it is their Spring Break this week and since Matt has work, and I have school, they wanted to go to Matt's parents in Cache Valley. A huge blessing! But I miss them. And wish they were here =( Hopefully I will talk to them soon...like now...I'm trying to convince Matt to call his mom as I type =)
*Yay! He is calling!!!
-Winter semester ends in 2 weeks and I am SO excited! I am going Spring term, but it's like half a semester so it will be over faster =)
Seven Minutes
1 day ago
Brave-Brave-Girl...hope you're feeling better now!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for all that you went through...I was praying for you and sending good thoughts. I wish I could give you a hug. Okay hug yourself and it is from me!
ReplyDeleteI am sorry that you had to go through all that you did. Sounds AWFUL. :(
ReplyDeleteLoves to YOU from ME!