So my sweet little girl has finally gone to school. I'll admit that I got a little teary eyed, but did not do it in front of her. She was so excited to be at school that it was a little easier to leave her...although I do miss her!!!
Her first week of school she had Miss Tensmeyer, whom she loves. Ok so I walked this child into, yes into, her class everyday. Her teacher told us we could, so I did. By the end of the week Miss Tensmeyer would politely say hello to me, but I could just she her mind going..."is this lady going to come everyday...sheesh, get a life woman!" So the next week I let Isabelle go in all by herself, that was not fun...but she was excited and so i let her go.
The next day she was sent home with a note telling me that they hired a fourth kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Schultz, and that starting Thursday (this was a Tuesday) Isabelle would be in the new class. I wasn't sure if I should get upset or not. So I didnt and talked to Isabelle about how fun it would be in this new class. Honestly it was like preparing her for her first day of school all over again (or was it preparing me?). I had some errands to run that morning so we drove to school and I walked her over to her new class. Of course I had anxiety about leaving her...is it ever going to go away??? Of course this teacher is one smart cookie. She had her class line up outside and then go into their classroom. WHAT??? I couldn't walk her in and stay and take pictures???
Friday we also drove to school...again, lots of errands. She informed me that I could just drop her off on the curb and she would be fine. She just kept looking at me like "Will this woman ever leave me alone!" I told her that, no, I would walk her to her class. After a bit a begging (yes that would be me begging) she finally let me walk her to her class. My goodness, am I that much of an embarrassment or is she just trying really hard to be independent? I will continue to walk her to her the front of the school where she lines up, because honestly, I'm not letting my 5 year old loose on the school. But I will calmly wait outside and not make a big deal about it.
So anyway, I still walk her to class, she says she really likes Mrs. Schultz, and everything is good. And I am no longer the annoying mother who clings to her child and embarrasses her.
Seven Minutes
1 day ago
I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS POST EM!
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to leave them, isn't it?
And for her to get a new teacher- That is CRAZY! But, it sounds like it turned out okay.
Everyday our whole family takes and picks up Mason... I have to make sure he gets in and out of school- okay!
No 1st day school pics??
You are so funny! If you haven't seen my post I am losing 3 k's and gaining 3 firsts. They will be told on Thurs. and start on Mon. It will all turn out ok because kids are pretty good at bouncing back. I just want the change to happen sooner. Crazy, crazy, crazy!
ReplyDeleteI am glad that you aren't being too much of a crazy mom! lol!