Sunday, November 6, 2011

Magical 8

It's finally happened.
I never thought this day would come, but come it has.
My little girl is 8.
I remember thinking that when she was just a little baby about all of the things she has to look forward to. One of them was when she would turn 8 and would get baptized.
That time was so far away that I couldn't possibly imagine it happening.
And here it is.
She is a light in our home.
She still is a bit bossy. But I think that has to do with her being the oldest.
We have to remind her that Ben has one mother and she is not that mother!
But she is sweet and kind.
She loves:
Minnie Mouse
Riding her bike
Root beer
Stroganoff
Making clothes for her Barbies
Singing in the shower (well everywhere else too)
Laughing
Writing love notes to Mom
(It's a chalkboard door. Just FYI)
Butterflies
School
(They had a Rock Star reading night!)
Dancing the Happy Dance
Watching movies in Mom & Dad's bed
Almond Joy's
Being silly
Wearing "Heelies"
Her Mommy
Her Daddy
Cooking
And much much more.
I love you my cute Isabelle Jolene!
This is at her school's reading restaurant =)
First day of 2nd Grade!
Right after she got her chin glued shut in the ER.
She biffed it on her scooter =(
And this is her today!
Excited to finally be 8 =)

2 comments:

  1. That last picture of her is BEAUTIFUL. She is so full of life, Emily! I'm glad that you are her Mother...She will turn out just fine!

    ReplyDelete