Monday, December 3, 2012

December Update...

We are getting more an more settled into our new home in Orem.  I had the realization yesterday that this house's floor plan is almost identical to the house we saw 5 years ago in Eagle Mountain that we almost bought (this was the first time we thought we were going to have to sell our house, but thankfully didn't!).

I have been accepted to BYU and will start in January.  I'm a little nervous about starting school again after my long break, but it will be good to get back into a routine.  Only 2 1/2 more years to go!

The kids school does 4H clubs.  So Ben is doing karate (he has been begging to do karate for years, so he is quite the happy guy!), and Isabelle is doing Zumba!  So far so good.  Isabelle says Zumba is a little hard, but she still loves it.  And they both showed off their sweet new karate & Zumba moves!!!  I love it!

We went and saw The Forgotten Carols on Saturday!  Matt's parents got us tickets for our Christmas present this year!  We all loved it!!!!  The kids got to meet the cast afterwards and Isabelle was literally jumping up and down with glee!  It was adorable!  She also has decided (for the moment) to grow her hair out long because the girl who plays Connie Lou has long, brown, curly hair.  I love that she thinks Connie Lou is great!  And of course we have been singing the songs ALL weekend long!  Afterwards we went to Sizzler, where Ben got to try his first shrimp & loved it.  I told him that Grandma Jo would be proud!  We all got steak (a family favorite) and the kids loved that they got to visit the dessert bar.  Brownies a la mode for both =)

We got our Christmas tree put up last Monday for Family Home Evening.  Putting up the tree is one of my very favorite Christmas traditions.  I love seeing all of the ornaments I have gotten throughout my life and reliving those precious memories.  I also loved when my kids would unwrap each of their ornaments and exclaim about remembering getting this one and why and how much they love it.  So grateful for that tradition that was passed down through both of our families.

I am still busy doing Norwex parties.  This is one thing that totally sells itself.  I was even going to take a break from parties and then got a call from a friend who wants to do one.  Who am I to argue?  It has been a lot of fun and has kept me from going crazy at home all by myself.  I don't know how long I will keep doing it, but it has been fun while it has lasted.  Plus I get to have a girls night more often =)

Our van needed to be fixed again.  Someday it will be gone, and I will be so happy!  But for now, every college student needs a crappy car right???  It's like a right of passage.  At least that's what I tell myself!

Ben started cub scouts this past week.  He is so excited and I think it will be a lot of fun!

I am so excited for this holiday season!  I love celebrating Christmas and especially our Savior's birth!

5 comments:

  1. Yay for a update! I was beginning to wonder if you were still alive out there in Utah County. :) I am glad that everyone is doing well and enjoying life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun times! i am happy you all loved the Forgotten Carols! Fun memories with that play!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way embarrassing memories for one of us!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. things are sounding good and happy at the Robertson Casa!

    ReplyDelete