Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hundred Day!!!

Hundred Day at school marks the hundredth day of school, obviously. They plan this day straight from the get go and it is SO exciting. The play math games all day and have a party with treats. Isabelle has been talking about it for ages and has been anticipating this day like it was her birthday. They have been talking in school about the many activities they are going to do, so fun! They even sent home this huge poster board heart to fill up with 100 items. Isabelle put noodles and beans on hers and might I add...it is adorable. I helped her modge podge the paper on the background....yes I helped, I didn't take over although it looks like I might have...I swear I just have a creative genius on my hands!
So Isabelle was sick yesterday with a fever and sore throat. I kept her doped up on meds and she had a million vitamin C throat drops. Every time she said a prayer yesterday she asked that she would please be able to go to school tomorrow (which is today).
Well she woke up this morning and yeah, a fever....101.1
She kept telling me how good she feels as she is lying on my lap completely miserable. Poor girl starts sobbing because she has been counting down the days and is missing Hundred Day. Of course my heart just breaks and I cry with her. It is a very sad day in our house. How do you tell your 6 year old that they can't go to the funnest day of school because they will get their friends sick??? This kid could totally take advantage of me today because at this point I will give her ANYTHING!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Poor Isabelle! Our 100th Day of School is Friday and the kids are SOOO excited. So sad to be sick!

    ReplyDelete