Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Monte L. Bean Museum

So I sorta blogged about this & then decided to not be too lazy and so I will post these pictures. Seriously I wasn't going to cause I am LAZY! But I figured I don't have to pick up Ben from preschool for another 10 minutes and I needed to kill some time. Now that I have posted them i am glad cause they are really fun!
Here we are on BYU campus at the Monte L. Bean Museum! This is a giant Bear. That is all it was called from what I remember. Apparently it can take years for people to find them. I might be wrong with this info, but you can google it or just believe me. So it was standing on a 1 foot platform! Have you met Matt? He is TALL! 6ft 2in to be exact. And he looks like a shrimpo compared to this monster! INSANE!!!

Isabelle & cousin Maddie. With the African animals. My favorite is the huge elephant!

They happened to have a reptile show and so the kids got to touch a huge snakeskin.

And also this lizard from Australia. I don't remember what he is, but his name is Colonel Mustard. Isabelle looks worried, but she really thought it was cool. I even touched the snake, wasn't going to, but all of a sudden the lady was there holding the snake in front of me & because I didn't want to run screaming and embarrass my kids I touched it. It felt pretty cool too. Not slimy at all.

Here is my favorite picture. Isabelle is posing with the collage of butterflies. They are both so pretty =)

4 comments:

  1. So all my time at that school and I only went to this museum once. I even lived RIGHT NEXT TO IT freshman year and just walked on by. It wasn't until I had to go for homework for my anthropologie class that I finally went. Ah man. How pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah but you probably didn't realize how cool it was or you would have been sooner...I'm sure =)I still can't believe you and Josh and Andrew never took us there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weellll... It wasn't one of our hangouts. Kind of off the beaten path.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We totes all went together though. And it was AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete