So I had my second surgery. They got the 2 massive stones out of both kidneys! Thanks Heavens!!
Matt had to work and so Jacque stayed with the kids and I went in by myself. I didn't think it was a big deal until I was alone in my "room". I got very lonely and scared. I knew that I didn't have anything to worry about but it was still hard to be alone.
I started texting Mom and she was reassuring me that everything would be okay. I told I felt so alone and it was hard. And she told me that Dad was there. Of course I started crying because I knew she was right. I said a prayer and told Heavenly Father that I was scared and lonely and the instant I asked for help I felt at ease. It felt like a big cozy quilt was placed over my shoulders (literally) and I knew that my Dad was there and that I would be okay. I am so grateful for moments like this where Heavenly Father brings us such great comfort. Even though i wasn't in any danger, he knew how I felt and blessed me with his love.
My anesthesiologist was very funny in a sarcastic way & he made me feel at ease. As he and a male nurse were wheeling me down the hall to the operating room there was a huge piece of hospital equipment sitting right in the middle of the hallway. The nurse started to move it out of the way & they were both amazed that someone was stupid enough to just leave it there, when my anesthesiologist told his to stop & instead they wheeled it into a random room that it was close to. They both chuckled and made comments about how someone was going to wet themselves when it wasn't where they left it. The nurse told me it was a multimillion dollar machine...YIKES! But it was very amusing. When we got to the OR there were a couple other guys in there and my anesthesiologist told me I should thank them. So I did and when I kinda gave him a curious look he told me that they had placed a blanket and a hose that blew out warm air onto the surgical bed so my bum wouldn't freeze. I told them more enthusiastically thank you. I loved the light atmosphere that was there and everything just made me feel so at ease.
Afterwards in the recovery room I just kept thinking about how I wanted Matt to be there. I knew he was there somewhere because it was about 6 pm and knew that he was expected to be there about 5:30. I heard many people walking by & I thought it was funny that I knew when Matt was coming. I could tell by the way he walks...kinda crazy, but true =)
He told me that he had talked to my doctor and they went in and crushed the stone in my right kidney and removed it, and placed a stent in. And they blasted the one in my left kidney and when he did the ultrasound he didn't see it so he said he was confident that they got it. I was sore, but it wasn't too bad. They didn't remove the string hanging from the stent and so that meant that I was the lucky one who got to pull it out. I was scared stiff!!!! Plus it hurt. And the string, which was like fishing wire was about 18 inches long and would pull & that HURT!
But I removed it today and I am feeling MUCH better.
Thank you for all of your prayers and well wishes.
I love you all!!!! Hope this wasn't too boring =)
Poor Ems
ReplyDeletekind of jealous, you can have your dad with you whenever you need him. Glad things went okay, it was fun having Ben and Isabelle!
ReplyDelete