Has blogger been acting weird for anyone else? I am having a hard time leaving comments and have to go a round about way to write a post. Kind of annoying, but hopefully it will be fixed soon {fingers crossed}!
So I am dues for another surgery on Wednesday. This time around it is not such a big surprise and so Matt's mom is coming down to help me. I am sure my neighbors are relieved =) Although they say my kids are good and it was not a problem at all, I know it is hard to have kids thrown on them at the last minute...surprise sleepovers???...not so fun.
So Jacque will be coming Tuesday night and Wednesday we will play the waiting game again. I will be fasting (doctor's orders) from midnight on and am not looking forward to that, because I have been EXTREMELY thirsty lately. Then they will call us on Wednesday and let us know when we need to come in. It will be sometime after 3pm. If it is after 5:30pm then Matt will be there with me, if not then my kids will go to a babysitter (for only a couple of hours this time!) and Jacque will accompany me to the hospital. I hope she doesn't get too bored, and I hope she knows how much we TRULY appreciate her!
I have been off and on pain meds this week. Sometimes I need them and other times I am fine without. The bleeding comes and goes, and usually is associated with whether I am in pain or not. I am anxious for all of this to be over! I am starting my new kidney stone diet....that will probably exist for the rest of my life...sucks to be me. So far I need to drink 3 quarts of water a day (I am up every two hours at night to go pee, I swear it feels like I am pregnant!), I have to cut out red meat (although I can still have it on special occasions, but very sparingly...this means we need to get used to ground turkey {gag}), and limit my salt intake. That one is hard because there is so much salt in EVERYTHING! I will just have to be more diligent though. So far that is is, but I know that in my future it will bring a lack of strawberries, oranges, green peppers, black pepper, nuts, peanut butter, and even {horror} chocolate. But after talking to my mom I am more optimistic. She told me to just focus on the things that I can eat...like pineapple, watermelon (which I love so much I will get sick off of it & it is also good for people who have kidney stones...{jumping for joy}), mangoes, and some other pretty sweet stuff! Oh and I hear I need to start cutting out cauliflower...I hate it raw, but it is good cooked, so no more tormenting Matt with that (he hates it).
Things will be fine and I am looking forward to a life without these stones.
Oh and I have another stone that they have to blast too in the other kidney. So this surgery will be a double whammy, but it's all good...this too shall pass (pun intended...hee hee).
So what is your other surgery for?
ReplyDeleteJust the next kidney stone?
I'm sorry you have to re-learn what to eat all over again. Gosh...What a hard thing!
My thoughts and prayers will be with you!