Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Very, very, very excited!!!

I have been stressing about school starting for me & getting the kids where they need to be and finding parking and yada yada yada....
In July I went to the institute and entered their lottery for free parking for Fall semester. I am a very hopeful person!
I ended up buying a parking pass from the school and have had to give myself an hour to get from home, find a spot, get on the shuttle & make it to class on time. 2 days a week my kids were going to have to eat breakfast at school so I could make it to my school on time. Not a big deal...but I would rather have them eat at home so i can make sure they eat a good breakfast...one of those quirks of mine =)
We went to the institute on Monday so they could take my picture. It was a lot of fun because I had my kids with me & we got to meet my teacher and they unlocked my classroom so the kids could go and explore. They were so excited & thought it was so cool to see one of my classrooms =)
They also had a sign posted on the door for those who received cards in the mail for the lottery parking to come on in and claim their prize. I was so bummed, but thought "oh well," cause I have everything figured out.
Isabelle brought in the mail yesterday...it was a bunch of ads. I decided to just look through them, for lack of something better to do...and what did I find?????? MY LOTTERY PARKING POSTCARD!!!!!!!!!!!
I am SOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSO excited!!!! This means parking will be a breeze this Fall semester! The institute is only a hop, skip & a jump across the street from the education building where I start my classes everyday. Now my hour long plan has turned into 30 min. plan (I still want to be there somewhat early) And so I get to drop off my kids everyday at 8:25 (their bell rings at 8:30) and feed them breakfast & even walk into class with them on their first day! Hooray!!!!
Sorry this took awhile to explain, but if you couldn't tell, I am REALLY excited =)

4 comments:

  1. That IS really exciting! I am glad that things worked out so well in your favor! Definitely less stress on your part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Emily....are you REALLY excited?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. WELL YAAAYYY YOU DESERVE TO BE THE WINNER !! YOU NEED THE HELP SO THANKS LOTTERY PEOPLE !!! YOU GO GIRL !!!

    ReplyDelete