- I bought Ben some undershirts.
Oh the simple things that bring joy to that boy! - I love math! It is so fascinating! I look forward to that class everyday...and I love spending hours doing math homework!!! It is a joy! I can't believe how easy it is to understand these complex problems! (maybe if I make this my mantra then it will actually come true...worth a shot right???)
- I got to help out in Ben's class today. I just did busy work for the teacher, but it was SO fun being in there with him! I was worried that it might cause issues with him, my being in there, but he did his thing & I did mine. Good thing, cause I am going to observe his class for 2 of my classes and I was worried about him being clingy or acting like a goofball!
- Isabelle has a sore throat. She woke us up at 2 a.m. crying cause it hurt to cough. Matt gave her some meds and told her not to cough...oh the sympathy we have at 2 a.m. (I was REALLY sympathetic...I didn't even get out of bed!)
- I went to buy Matt's sister a bridal shower gift. I wanted to get her a really pretty, non-risque nightgown. Everything was either really risque or was covered in leopard spots (not that I am against animal print...cause I LOVE it...Beth on the other hand does not)...I was sorely disappointed...sorry Beth, but I did buy you something else super cute!
- I am in the middle of watching a film by National Geographic called "In the Womb." It is for my child development class. It makes me REALLY baby hungry...I'm sure that will dissipate once I get to the "moaning" and "groaning" part at the end. Let's keep our fingers crossed!
- Speaking of "moaning" and "groaning"...I was saying goodnight to Isabelle the other night and I said she was going to make such a good mommy cause she takes really good care of her dolls and stuffed animals. She smiled and got that sweet shy look on her face. Looking very pleased she crawled into bed and I went to Ben's room to say goodnight. I leave Ben and hear Isabelle sobbing. Oh boy! I go in and try to calm her down. All she keeps saying is "babies." Finally she tells me she doesn't want to grow up cause then she will have to have babies and it is going to hurt really bad! Me & my big mouth! Of course that is the thing she is going to remember from our talks of when she was born...I don't go into gory detail, it just somehow came up that it hurts (plus she has seen Father of the Bride Part II, there is some "moaning" & "groaning" going on in that too!). I try to reason with her & the only thing that could calm her down was me saying, "Well Grandma Bonnie had 9 kids, and Grandma Jo had 9 kids. (at this point she exclaimed "All At Once?????" hehe) Do you really think they would keep having kids if it hurts so bad?" She said no & got happy & went to sleep. So hear is the story folks...childbirth is a breeze...Isabelle will believe that until the day she has to deliver her first baby...got it???
- Oh! And once I got her settled down, Ben calls to me...."Mom??? I NEED you right NOW!!!" Here is his question..."Why do people get tubes stuck in their backs?" Say what??? "Yeah Mom, you told me that people get tubes stuck in their backs when they have babies." YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!! Come to find out Ben thinks I had a tube the size of a vacuum hose stuck in my back...oi vay! I had to explain that it is a teeny tiny, eensy weensy tube (I didn't tell him the size of the epidural needle though, cause that sucker is HUGE!) Seriously? What is wrong with me? Why do my children know these things? No wonder they are scared to grow up!
- Sorry this was long...just some rambling thoughts...and I am procrastinating homework...
Seven Minutes
1 day ago
Oh Emily, emily, Emily...
ReplyDeleteYou just need to stop sharing so much with your children.
By the way...I am going to tell Isabelle that the reason why I do not have children is because it is the most painful experience of a woman's life.
I am going to tell Isabelle that I was born a woman and that I changed to be a man just so I wouldn't have to give birth to children because it is the most painful experience anybody can have ever. I can't wait until you blog about Isabelle's questions concerning the practicality of trans-gender surgery.
ReplyDeleteOh, wow! I'm sorry your kids are worried about those kind of things. They need to be care-free and be just kids.
ReplyDeleteTake them out for ice cream! :)
Oh Joshua...you make me laugh out loud!!!
ReplyDeleteI gave Kenedy the Sex talk the other day! That is an experience let me tell you. Just you wait until you have to tell little Isabelle about sex, it is almost worth it to get their reactions on film!
ReplyDeletefunny, funny, funny. Isabelle and ben...Oh, gosh.
ReplyDelete