Seven years ago I was lying on a hospital bed ready to kick my doctor in the face. I didn't like her. A kick in her face is on my list of things I never did that I regret. There aren't many things on that list...just sayin.
Thankfully I didn't have to see her for too long, because there was my baby.
My sweet little bean.
My sweet little bean. He had some of the most beautiful blue eyes that liked to freakishly roll back into his head. Thankfully he has gotten over that. He was little and skinny and yet still so smooshy and wrinkled.
He was my little man.
My Mr. Ben.
My Mr. Ben. He had to put up with a lot of hormones...mine, and Isabelle's. We were quite the duo of girly crazies! Me, I was a postpartum lump, and Isabelle, well she was still a baby herself.
Life was insane, but it was good.

The first six weeks were insane. I was so tired, but Isabelle wanted to play, or Ben wanted to nurse....or or or or or...the list goes on and on. By the end of that first week I was begging Matt to stay home and take care of the babies and I could go to work and support the family. He agreed. Thankfully he realized I was just a hormonal mess and the crazy talk would end eventually. It did & I loved every second with my babies. The days got easier, and by the time he was 6 months old we were in our element. I didn't even realize we had gotten there, until we had finally made it. Isabelle and Benny. The dynamic duo. Best friends to this day.
(This was after Isabelle smeared butter all over him. He was happy until Matt made him take a picture!)
If you had asked me after Ben was born if I would have them so close all over again I would have punched you in the face. Now, oh heck yeah! Well, I might wait a few more months ;)
Life is good.
My kids are besties.
My kids are besties.He can totally cheer me up when I am sad. In fact the other day I was overwhelmed and just needed a good cry. So Matt let me cry & then Ben walked in.
"Mom, are you okay?"
"Yeah I'm okay."
"Why are you crying? Are you worried about money?"
"No. I just had a rough day at work."
He came over, gave me a hug and kiss and then went on his way.
It was sweet.
I had a bad day at work and was crying and was like this isn't even worth the pay! Hence the worried about money remark. Be careful what you say, kids pick up on it & then they worry.
Seven years ago we welcomed little Ben into our family.
I will always remember the first time my babies met. Jacque was holding Ben and she leaned over so Isabelle could see him. She gave him a little kiss and I think my heart just done melted right there. When he would cry she would get so worried and hand me his pacifier. If that didn't help she would try to give him her favorite toy. And if that didn't help then she would cry. Which of course didn't help me. =) But life was good.

My Mom came to the hospital to meet Ben and I just remember her holding him and staring into his eyes. She talked to him a little bit about my Dad. Asked him if he taught him some tricks to play on his mom. I'm pretty darn sure that he did!
(To me this is a total Grandpa Lutes face!!!)
Ben is: compassionate, loving, funny, tricky, super slow at eating, a big crybaby like his mom, a Jedi lover, a good student, a math lover, a big helper, a lazy cleaner, a fabulous hugger/snuggler, a big time storyteller, a coin counter, a rock collector, a computer lover, a bike riding fiend, and a good friend.
He is my son and he makes me proud.
Burst my buttons kind of proud.

Happy 7 years Ben!
Oh my goodness! What a fun/sad/good/happy pot rolled into one post! What a HANDSOME little man you have on your hands!
ReplyDelete*post not pot!
ReplyDeleteHe is so cute! I remember how his eyes would be always bugging out so much. Oh man we love our little Benny Boo. What a sweetie. Happy Birthday Benny!!!!
ReplyDeletewow! was that an overload of love! I can tell somebody loves their boy! gonna make me cry myself! Happy Day Ben!
ReplyDeleteThis just makes me feel good. Thanks, Em.
ReplyDelete