Sooo...the surgery went great...or int he words of Dr. Harrison, my surgeon, "
Excellent!" It has been hard not using my right arm. I can use it a little bit, I just have to keep my shoulder still. So basically I just need to keep my elbow pinned to my side, otherwise it hurts crazy mad. I have some pictures from the day of the operation. Nothing gross, don't worry. I will post them soon. But good news, I slept in my own bed last night!!!!! I have been sleeping in a recliner the past week & it felt so good to stretch out! I was told that I could start to wean myself off of my sling at night. But i am a little bit too terrified to try that. Maybe in a few days. I am also allowed to take off my sling when I am at home and only if I am not doing anything. So that has been nice. And that stupid pillow (Dr's words not mine! But really they are mine too.) came off on Wednesday. I was told that I was going to have to wear it for 4 weeks. Well the surgery was "
excellent" and I wasn't having any pain so they took it off & threw it away. I like that throwing away part...too bad they don't have an incinerator...or do they?
Elizabeth and Josh were here last week. It was
SOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSO nice having Elizabeth help me out. For the first half of the week I needed help getting dressed, so glad to have my sister there! I was finally able to get myself dressed by Thursday...I think...and it felt so good!
Occasionally I still need help with my shirt, but that is only if my shoulder has been really bothering me. I guess the good thing about only using my left
hand is that it has made me slow down. I can't get things done near as fast as I would like to (ex: eating), but it has helped me just let life slow down. I think I was
just used to such a fast pace of doing things, does this make any sense? Anyway, I am grateful that I am spending more time appreciating life. I also have a vase full of beautiful roses to stare at. My sweet sister Erin sent me flowers. I got them the day after the surgery. I had just woken up from a nice long 3 hour nap & was slightly (
OK, maybe heavily) drugged. But i saw a box sitting on our couch and I got so excited. I got Matt to come and help me open it and I was just about crying. It was a bunch of beautiful roses (yellow, pink, peach, cream). I wanted to call her, but unfortunately I was a bit drugged. I had Matt take a picture (I will post it later) & now when I look at it...oh boy I just want to laugh! I looked so doped up. I seriously thought I had this big smile on my face and was looking so happy...hmmm...I almost looked a little like death had warmed over. Anyhoo...I still look at them and sigh with happiness and know that I am being thought of even though I am far away from family. I am going to call you Erin! It has been on my agenda...it gets tiring holding the phone up to my ear...I know...I am crazy! But do you still love me??? Andrew is here now. It is so different going from Joshua to Andrew. Andrew is very quiet =) Not saying you are a loud mouth Josh, but you definitely strike up a conversation more often. I love having Andrew here though. My kids are excited he is here too! It will be nice getting to hang out with him for the next 2 weeks...I always miss my family and am always so happy when I get to spend time with any of them. Well this post has gone on long enough, although I am sure i could ramble on some more. I wonder if anyone made it down this far....if so you are the lucky winner of a trip to Fiji!!! (work out the details with my doctor...I'm sure he would love to finance your trip since I financed his)
Glad to hear you are doing good! I am excited to see your pictures.
ReplyDeleteAndrew is boring and Joshua is a loudmouth. At least you seem to like your sisters!
ReplyDeleteOh Josh you aren't a loud mouth, you will just strike up conversation with me. I do like my sisters =) glad you caught that!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are doing well.
ReplyDeleteSo glad that I could help you out and I am glad that even though I helped you get dressed I never had to see anything inapropriate! hahaha!
ReplyDeleteJoshua is a loudmouth, man does his mouth ever quit?
Oh Joshua...I sure do miss the yakker! Andrew is the strong silent type. My mom called your dad Silent Sam so I guess Andrew comes by it naturally.
ReplyDelete