Sunday, November 1, 2009

Soooo...how 'bout them apple teeth?


Soooo....I decided to dye my hair.

I really wanted to go a little crazy and get a little spunky on top. So I hashed it out with my good friends....Kristen Jolley, Kristen Peer & Sharon Bee. We all decided that I would look amazing and I had to do it! I wanted to go pretty dark and do chunks of red, and yes I mean crayon red in the front! I was so excited and nervous, but I'm the kind of person where I get an idea in my head and I just have to do it! Peer was going to watch my kids for me and she was glad cause then she would be the first to see it...smart girl. The other 2 wanted me to text them pictures, and I was all for it.

So I get there and I'm super nervous, cause usually when I dye my hair it's me, the bottle & the bathroom. I tell the girl what I want and...ok do I really have to explain the process? No? Ok so we will skip all that!

So after she was all done I looked in the mirror and I wanted to cry. There weren't any red chunks....SO disappointing. There is that bright red, just woven more subtle. I was so bummed. I got to Peer's and she was like "Oh your hair looks...nice." I was like, "yeah, I know, it sucks." She really did like it, it really did turn out nice folks, just not what we were expecting.

So then she asks if I'm going to text the girls, and I was like "NO!" So she tried to take a pic...she is not so sneaky...nice try. So I send one with my hood on....yes, I am a brat.

I end up telling them it wasn't what I had expected, it's ok, just not fabulously awesome. They still insist on a picture and I still insist on a NO! Our ward Halloween Carnival was that night so eventually they would see me and they can just deal 'til then.

Ok, really I should have anticipated a bigger fight, I mean they hang out with me! But my mind was not in a happy place...I really wanted red chunks (wow, now I sound like my kids when they get whiney!).

I get my kids home and realize I hair hair down my back. So Gross! So I go and change and of course those were my only clean pair of jeans so I just wear my garment bottoms and a t-shirt (I was getting into my costume soon so really who cares...grecian goddess & yes I looked fab!). I had to finish some apple teeth for the carnival and I only had like 30 min. So I just sat at the table, yes, in my underwear & worked on the apple teeth (hey, my hands were clean!)

I hear the front door open. Matt was home.
...or so I thought....

I look up and there's Jolley with her head poking around the doorway to my kitchen. The little sneak! I look up and say "um, ya know I'm in my underwear right?" And she's like "Oh, are you?" "Why yes I am." "Huh. Whatever...I need to borrow some black face makeup."

I'm glad we are good enough friends that it didn't even phase her. I of course, got a little pink in the face....The makeup she didnt really need, yeah it was a convenient excuse. But she could have just used mascara (she was a kitty for the carnical).

So....how 'bout them apple teeth!
(which by the way are sliced apples with slivered almonds stuck in them.)

1 comment:

  1. That is nuts! I have an appt on thursday to get my hair done and I am debating between more blonde with a couple pink streaks, think Avril, or go dark with red chunks. Crazy we are in on the same mindframe. I think I am leaning towards the dark but I dont know I like the blonde with pink. What should I do, other then not go to the girl who did yours and made you cry? ;0)

    ReplyDelete