So....I am sadly not an Ensign reader. I would like to be, and we receive the Ensign EVERY month, but I am not. Until today. I was in the bathroom, yes ON the toilet & I needed something to read (don't try to tell me that you have NEVER done this cause I will call you a liar). I looked down and low and behold there was the July issue of the Ensign. How it ended up in the bathroom I will never know (probably my very righteous daughter, cause the Friend was in there too), but it was there and I picked it up.
I happened to open up the back cover & there smacking me in the face was the most amazing article I have read in a LONG time. Yes, very profound things were going on in the potty room at the Robertson's.
Have you read this article? It is called "This Year It's A Weed--Pull It." by Mont Poulsen. http://lds.org/ensign/2011/07/this-year-its-a-weed-pull-it?lang=eng It's really good. So good it gave me chills and it was one of those huge "Ah Ha!" moments. And it isn't very long either...so go read it.
Anyway, it talks about this guy who is helping his Dad with the garden where the rotate they potatoes and corn every year. He was in charge of weeding the corn and found this amazing potato plant that was just beautiful. He asked his dad what to do and his dad told him to pull it. What??? Yup, he needed to pull it. This year it is a weed. Pull it. He goes on to talk about how there are so many good things in life that we desire but we are on the Lord's time, not ours.
We want to have a baby. It has been a very hard thing for us to go through and I know that it will happen in the Lord's time. I have often vented to Matt that I don't understand why we can't have another child. We are good people who have a very righteous desire. We would raise a child in a very loving and good home. And the answer is always, "Not now." And I don't think I ever really understood this until i read this article. I think i tried to understand it, but it's hard. Make sense?
So this is just one more of the Lord's tender mercies bestowed on me. I will continue to have faith and trust in the Lord. "All things must come to pass in their time." D & C 64:32
I love the Ensign and I am so happy that it helped you today! You are a wonderful Mother Em!
ReplyDeleteYou are turning into your mother! I will be running to the toilet about to explode knowing I will never make it in time yet I always stop to grab some reading material. Why waste a good on the toilet reading moment?! Maybe I should leave my ensign in the bathroom. When someone stops by and asks to borrow my ensign I can say "Just a minute let me grab it from the pooper". That would be fun!
ReplyDelete