So I know that I haven't been posting lately and I am sorry. Today I actually tried to catch up on some of your blogs. I haven't been commenting...I know! Shame on me! But I was trying to catch up on all of your fabulous lives =)
I still haven't uploaded our vacation pictures so I am sorry about that too. It will happen, eventually.
I was just thinking today about our ward's fast & testimony meeting on Sunday. Bishop Smith got up and was bearing his testimony about the Lord's tender mercies. I felt such a strong spirit as he spoke. Things have been a bit crazy for me personally lately and all of these struggles just bog me down and I feel alone and so far from my Heavenly Father. Does He really know me? Does He know I am here? Does He care about the little things in my life that seem insignificant to others, but are a huge deal to me? I had a good cry with my friend Natalie the other night. We were bothy weepy women and it was good. Crying is so cathartic. She is amazing and offers wonderful advice. Which brings me back to the Lord's tender mercies...He is there, He knows what is in my heart. He knows the things that I need. He showed such sweet mercy by bringing Nat and I together the other night. It was supposed to be just a quick errand and turned into a 2 hour therapy session. But do you get what I mean about the Lord's tender mercies???
He knows what we need when we need it. Just like when I was so alone in the hospital before my surgery, He showed such tender mercy by letting me feel my Dad near me and bringing me such needed comfort.
Since my bishop's testimony I have been more aware of those moments in my life when I know that I am a beloved daughter of my Heavenly Father. And it isn't always big things, it is the little ones too...like the way my children smile at me and tell me that I am the most beautiful and best mother ever (without prompting!), and the way my Mom sends a text with a quote that helps lift my spirit. He is there and He is real and He knows every single one of us. I am so grateful for the tender mercies that are revealed daily in my life.
Heavenly Father is amazing, huh? I'm glad that your friend was there to comfort, lift and encourage you. Heavenly Father is very loving and caring- I too- am grateful.
ReplyDelete