Our last stop we made in California was to visit my Dad. I sorta accidentally poured too much water on his headstone & turned it into a muddy puddle. I am hoping my mother doesn't write me out of the will.
There is such a peace that one can find in a cemetery. I always thought cemeteries were scary horror places where the living dead emerged from their tombs & ghosts haunted. I know, I have a very active imagination. But living in Logan, we lived right across the street from a cemetery. I loved to go walking through it, in fact it was my preferred route on my walk home from school. there was such peace. I'm so grateful that whenever I visit my Dad's grave I feel that peace and know that Heaven is near. Of course I do take time to talk to my Dad and to cry. But it is a good cry. I am so grateful to know that he is with me always, and that I will be able to see him again. I am so grateful that he is sealed to my Mother for eternity.
I love you Dad.
What a special time! I also LOVE cemeteries!
ReplyDelete