-We pulled the fireplace out & replace it with an awesomely huge bookshelf...My heart skips a beat every time I see it.
-I strained a muscle in my back...twice...due to restraining a child at work. So much fun.
-I can now positively say that I DO NOT want to work in Special Ed.
-I got accepted for the student teaching position at Weber State's Preschool this fall. I am SUPER excited!
-The kids got birds for Christmas. Isabelle named hers Edward and he is a vampire, cause he bites Ben's bird all the time. Ben's bird is named Alex. I call them the gay birds, because they are male and it looks like they make out. I know, I'm weird.
-I finally updated to Google Chrome, which is why I am back to blogging. Internet Explorer started getting annoying and wouldn't let me blog. It made the page look super strange.
-I get to have an MRI done tomorrow to take another look at my back. My doctor thinks I might have a fracture in my lower spine. Joy.
-Matt and I are excited to announce that we are going to become foster parents. I've had some objections to our decision (mainly by people who really don't even know us and should keep their opinions to themselves), but we feel so at peace with this decision. I do start to worry and get nervous, but Matt just tells me to remember how I feel when I prayer about it. I truly feel that Heavenly Father has been getting us ready for this without us even knowing. It's amazing how when something is right, all of the pieces just fall into place.
-I am still posting (occasionally) on Talented Terrace Girls. But I am wondering if it is too much for me right now and if I should bail.
-The head teacher in the classroom I work in sometimes treats me like I am an 8 year old with behavior problems. I'm about ready to snap at that woman! Yet another reason to dread work.
-School gets out May 25th! I am seriously counting down the days!!!!!!
-I am serving in the Nursery now. It makes me happy.
-Matt is Sunday School President. He is jealous that I get to play in the Nursery.
-Isabelle would now like to be called Belle. I often forget this, much to her annoyance. But I am trying to be a good mom and respect her wishes. So if you want to make her love you, call her Belle. It makes her super happy.
-I have to clean out the
So that is just a smidgen of what we have been up to. Have a happy Monday!
Thats a lot of happenings that I was not told about. I feel bad that I am not in the loop but respect that you need privacy? I don't know, but it sounds like things are a changing. Maybe you can call me sometime? Loves!
ReplyDeleteThanks for updating the blog! I love little glimpses into your life. So excited about the fostering, good luck about cleaning out the "craft" room. And I really need (want) pictures of your new bookshelf! Will you hang onto your old stove? If we get this house we've made on offer on we'd be very interested in it. Mom said Ben and "belle" (love it!) will be hanging out up here in a few days - yeah!
ReplyDeleteYAY!! I am so HAPPY that you blogged FINALLY. You will be a great foster Mom for sure.:)
ReplyDeleteI want a picture of your HUGE bookshelf. IS your fireplace one that blows the hot air out? If so, we would be interested in buying it from you!
Just power through the craft room this weekend.
ReplyDeletemake andrew clean your craft room!
ReplyDeleteWow! A lot has happened that I didn't know about!
ReplyDeleteThanks for updating us famiy/friends on the blog i know this is the easiest way to update all of us quickly! We look forward to more posts on your family changing fun that is coming! Congrats on your app being turned in for foster care you guys will do AMAZING!!!!
ReplyDelete