Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I think my van has a cold!

So last night A bunch of us girls from the ward were getting together to kidnap Kristen Jolley for her birthday and take her out for dessert. There were a total of twelve of us. I picked up 3 so we had 4 in my van. Well after everyone was picked up Kristen still wasn't home from work yet, (This is 9 at night just fyi) and so we decided to wait at the park just across the street from her house until she got home. Ummm...if you don't know me too well, well first of all you shouldn't be reading my blog, and secondly, you know something interesting ALWAYS seems to happen when I'm around. I think it's a curse, so you might want to rethink hanging out with me.
So we are all having a good old time when my car shudders and a great big whooshing sound, followed by a hissing sound emits from under my hood (a giant sneeze). We all look at each other and everyone hops out of both vans to come and take a share in my utter humiliation. Yeah, it seriously looked like a glow stick exploded in my engine (yucky green snot). Lovely....WE JUST BOUGHT THE STUPID THING!!!!!! So one girl gets her husband over fast and another girl calls one of the guys in the ward who is close by and knows a thing about cars. I called my husband and he was like, "well Casey and Dave are there, so you should be fine." WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!? You have got to be kidding me. I tell him to grab our neighbor to sit at the house just in case one of the kids wakes up and to get his little rear over here. He.doesn't.come. So I call him again and tell him that his wife is sitting at the park where the van exploded and to move it mister! Apparently he didn't want to wake the neighbors, but I assured him Gary was awake and would not mind sitting at our house for 10 minutes. So he did end up coming to my rescue. Good man. So I leave with the girls and we go out & I am sick to my stomach, cause how the heck are we going to pay for this? So we think that the air conditioner blew something (apparently using the defroster uses the air conditioner, cause I was definitely NOT using the a/c!). A bolt was broken, so either the bolt was old and cracked or something built up enough pressure to break the bolt sending freon spewing into and out of the hood. I think it looks sick.
But it might just be faking, so it is in timeout in the driveway for the time being. I would spank it, but would probably break my hand. Stupid van!

3 comments:

  1. oh boy! I think its the Lutes curse. Why do things like this alway happen to the lutes? Because we are cursed. thats the price we pay for being such wonderful and amazing people..it is so totally true! Good luck with your van, i really hope it is faking it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah...we never seem to have luck with cars in our family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally Lutes curse. Sorry but the Wares were amazing and perhaps I should have hyphenated my name so we would only be half cursed!!! Okay, okay, I guess it is the Ware curse that I totally snookered on all of us.

    ReplyDelete