He will stay up at night with me if I am sick, even though he has work in the morning. He always helped me at night when the kids were babies. He would take his turn rocking them to sleep, or in Isabelle's case bouncing her to sleep! He treats me like a queen even when I don't deserve it.
He accepts me for who I am.
He accepts that I will never be Martha Stewart and that our home will never be spic and span no matter how many schedules and goals I set.
He accepts that I am creative and when I get creative the house gets a little messy and we have to shove crafting supplies to one end of the table so we can eat.
He accepts me at any weight I am. And helps haul me out of bed at 5 am (at my request!) so I can go to the gym...yes he does go back to sleep, but who wouldn't???
He accepts the fact that I have this weird urge to mix things up and start swapping furniture from room to room. He will help haul couches upstairs and downstairs.
He accepts that i will most likely never be content with my hair and I will dye it every color imaginable and cut it short and let it grow long and then cut it again. He says he likes it short now, but I think secretly he still would love it best long.
He accepts my crazy ideas and lets me run with them. And then yes he accepts the fact that he does eventually need to reign me in and not let me get ahead of myself.
He accepts that I am a VERY emotional person and lets me cry, scream, and laugh whenever I feel the need. No, I am not bipolar, but I'm sure some of you have your doubts. He is a great person to vent to. He listens and lets me get it all out. Gives me a hug and then we get on with our lives...unless I need to vent on the subject again...which does happen...occasionally.
He always tells me what a wonderful mother and wife I am, even though we are all still in our pajamas when he gets home from work, the house is a mess, dinner is just being thought about, and we have done nothing, yes nothing, all day.
I love this man. I still believe I am the luckiest girl to have snagged him and that he has stayed snagged. I hope that he knows how appreciated he is. And how much the kids LOVE playing in the snow with him too.
I have been following mamas losing it for a long time but have never done one of her promptings. good for you for stepping it up! You do have a good guy! Congratulations to both of you.
ReplyDeleteoh and i told you you would like blogging! HA!!