Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My kids are chefs!


On New Years day the kids begged us to let them make dinner. We were busy with Christmass decorations and thought that was a fabulous idea. They had SO much fun & even laid out a blanket so we could have this dinner picnic style!



Here is our dinner! We had chicken noodle soup, green beans, crackers, swiss cheese, summer sausage, peanuts, and banana bread. The soup & green beans were cold, but I was able to down them with a smile. matt on the other hand hates vegetables & that is the first thing he eats because he says there is nothing worse then cold vegetables. I spared him and tossed out his green beans when the kids weren't looking. He was most grateful cause he didn't want to hurt the kids feelings! It was a fun dinner & I loved that I didn't have to cook! I think I might let them do this again! =)


4 comments:

  1. That is so great! I need to leave this post lying around for my kids to read so that they can take a hint and make me dinner. I love that the food was cold, poor Matt but also lucky Matt that he has a wife who cares. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!
    COLD? I wouldn't be able to down it with a smile. You are simply a better than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The vegetable hate must be genetic...Seth won't eat any vegetable that can stand alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt is such a baby! I love that you coddle him.

    ReplyDelete