So I have a confession to make.
Ok maybe I have more then one, but we will
just have to wait and see how may things can spew from my brain. I hate gardening. Wow! my heart is beating like crazy! That took a lot getting that out. Matt hates gardening too. My heart did nothing when I typed that so I must not feel so guilty telling his secrets..
heehee. The thing is that I guess gardening is the thing to do in Utah. And I am having a hard time conforming. People talk about how great it is to get fresh tomatoes from their garden and how they taste like manna from heaven. I prefer my tomatoes not so red, not always so ripe, and dirt & bug free. I feel like I am such a horrible person for saying all of this. I hate weeding. I hate remembering to water (this is more Matt's hate since he is the water guy). I hate spending hours in the hot sun trying to get things to look nice and then go out the next Saturday and it looks like I haven't done anything for months (kinda like vacuuming my "lovely" green carpet downstairs.) I hate having others look at my garden and try to give me advice. I also hate when they look at me like I am insane because I either planted too late or too early....ugh! Maybe we are just lazy...maybe. But I love taking care of things indoors. I LOVE painting...it makes my heart happy. I would really like to just pull every single plant out of my yard and let the grass grow. We can handle mowing (well
Matt can =)). I do like my trees. They are still small and we have an apple and a cherry. But they are seriously low
maintenance. I like that. If we had the money I would seriously hire a landscaper to make my yard beautiful and have them come every week to do the upkeep. Is that so wrong? Am I a horrible person? If we don't have a garden this year will I go to heck? I'm just wondering...cause personally I love getting my Bountiful Basket every week, it totally fulfills my produce needs and it is so much easier than having a garden. I'm just
sayin'. Please still love me & that's all. (we even are killing our houseplant...green thumbs do not exist around here!)
I love you no matter if you hate gardening. We all have our weaknesses...haa..haa.. That just fit perfectly in there.
ReplyDeleteWe are gonna try to plant a garden this year! I'll keep you posted how it goes. :)
hahahahahahaha... I hate gardening too!
ReplyDeleteMy DH loves it though, and is always trying to convince me we should garden anyways... blah... at least this year we are in an apartment so we can't have a garden!!! Whoo-hoo! I mean, 'oh, I am sorry honey, but in an apartment we really can't have one...'...darn, right? ;o)