Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools Day

Happy Aprils Fools Day!!!

Now normally I don't do anything different on this day. We have just never celebrated it. Today after Andrew & I dropped the kids off at school we started talking about April Fools jokes. I decided that we would do a little tricking at home for dinner =) Andrew was my co-conspirator....it was a lot of fun. Dinner was set out and I put a casserole on the table that Matt's mom brought me today. It was frozen and when Matt lifted the cover off I said "Oh no! I thought she told me she had cooked it!" I out it aside and said, "Fine...we are having cake for dinner." Isabelle wasn't sure if I was serious or not, but I brought the "cake" over and had Matt cut it. He gave some to Ben & Isabelle and Ben was SO excited. He picked up a huge piece with his fork and put it in his mouth. he quickly pulled it out (it was still on his fork) and looked at it like he couldn't figure out why it didn't taste like chocolate cake. He then proceeded to pull an onion off of his tongue. I was laughing so hard!!!!!! Matt, Andrew, & I were totally cracking up! It was really meatloaf frosted with mashed potatoes. Isabelle then went to take a drink of her "kool-aid" and got very concerned when her straw wouldn't move. It took her a second but then she started laughing saying it was jell-o. Oh boy, it was AWESOME!!!!!

For Dessert we had "taco salad." It was really a waffle cup with rocky road ice cream (meat & beans), strawberry jam (salsa), black licorice (olives), cherries (tomatoes), watermelon airheads cut up (lettuce), and whipped cream (sour cream). They definitely didn't fool anyone, which I figured it wouldn't but it was still fun to have "dessert" for dinner & "dinner" for dessert. Here is Ben slurping his "kool-aid".

Isabelle & the "kool-aid". Andrew eating his now favorite cake (he has a thing for meatloaf!) Ben and his "cake".
Matt cutting the "cake".
Oh this was too much fun!

7 comments:

  1. I'm not a lover of April Fools Day. BUT yours was cute and not CRUDE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much funnier than my Spanish. I am a lame April fooler, but your dad loved it and always pulled great tricks on us all. So...carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genius! I am going to have to remember that and copy it for next year!

    ReplyDelete