My friend Teresa really likes to bake cupcakes. I think they just REALLY like to bake. SO on Sunday they had friends come over and taste test a million gazillion cupcakes. We didn't go because by the time I got the memo it was supposed to be over. But she called and had Matt go over and get me a plate of cupcakes. And no, I didn't eat them all by myself...I had some friends help me with that. Here are just some of the flavors that they had...
S'mores, Strawberry Lemonade, Peanut Butter and Jelly, Black Forest, Maple & Bacon, Butterbeer, and the one in the middle is Rocky Road.
The S'mores was by far the best presentation. How cute is that pretzel roasting stick with the roasted marshmallow??? SO cute!
This one truly tasted like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!
Rocky Road needed a bit more rocks in it...I am definitely a nut fan!
Yeah I totally ate the cherry on top before I took the picture =) This one was the best tasting one. But I really like cherry pie filling and chocolate cake...soooo....really there was no competition.
S'mores, Strawberry Lemonade, Peanut Butter and Jelly, Black Forest, Maple & Bacon, Butterbeer, and the one in the middle is Rocky Road.
The S'mores was by far the best presentation. How cute is that pretzel roasting stick with the roasted marshmallow??? SO cute!
This one truly tasted like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!
Rocky Road needed a bit more rocks in it...I am definitely a nut fan!
Yeah I totally ate the cherry on top before I took the picture =) This one was the best tasting one. But I really like cherry pie filling and chocolate cake...soooo....really there was no competition.The ones that weren't pictured:
Butterbeer: tasted more like caramel. I think butterbeer should be more butterscotchy...
Strawberry Lemonade: pretty good. I like tart and would have loved to have a bit more tart in the frosting...
Maple & Bacon: Sounds weird, but it wasn't bad. Wasn't great either. Just so-so for me. Of course I do like my bacon smothered in syrup, but just not in cupcake form I think...
Overall: kinda fun. Has anyone else made fun cupcakes??? I am intrigued by this whole thing.
I am a cupcake lover! I have loved cupcakes even before they became the thing to do. I like the looks of your friends little cakes. They look really cute. I wish I could be a taste tester. You lucky duck
ReplyDeleteI LOVE cupcakes!!! You will have to get the recipes so you can make me some. :)
ReplyDeleteMe too! You can have us taste test some cupcakes. We would be VERY good at it. And we would love you extra hard. Promise.
ReplyDeleteWe should totally have a cupcake party in June!!!!
ReplyDeleteWell thanks for the shout out miss emily! I know we need to get recipes shared but i am having a hard time measuring and writing the recipes when i make them :) But I am working on it!
ReplyDelete