Friday, May 6, 2011

Hogle Zoo Field Trip

This year I got to go on the Kindergarten field trip to the zoo!!! It was so much fun to hang out with Ben! Here we are on the bus!


Ben's only a "smidgen" excited =)


Grant, Ben, and Cayden with the giraffe that kept licking the wall




I thought this sign was pretty funny cause you know it must have happened to someone!




Grant, Ben and the cheetah (this was Ben's favorite animal)





The zoo is getting ready for a dinosaur exhibit and we thought this T-Rex was pretty dang cool.


These Tortoises were HUGE!


Ben wanted one for a pet =)




How do you size up?


Kassidy, Doris, Emma, Ben, Grant & Cayden



A cool waterfall


Do you?


I do!!!!!


This gorilla totally cracked me up! He was just lounging by the glass.


Here he is scratching his armpit. No shame. He scratched his butt earlier but we missed that...darn it! He would stare straight at us, it was so cool. I love that his legs are crossed!



There were lots of random roosters and chickens walking all over the place.


This peacock was totally showing off for the peahen. She is off to the right in the pine trees. She was totally ignoring him. Poor little guy!



Here he is in all his glory and she couldn't be bothered. He even starting shaking his little behind. Too funny!



There were dead rats lying all over the place in the Bald eagles cage. So gross, but the boys thought it was cool.



This drinking fountain was broken, but I made Ben stick his head in it anyway, it was funny =)


Well, that was our trip to the zoo. We had a blast!!! I got to hang out with Ben's teacher too, totally love her. It was a great day and I was so glad that I got to hang out with my little man =)

5 comments:

  1. Lucky duck. I didn't get to go along with my 1st grader to the zoo this year. :(
    Fun pictures and I must say you look great and Ben is sure handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should buy him a tortoise! They live for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should buy him a dead rat! Why prolong the inevitable?

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least your gorilla was not doing the deed with a female gorilla right in front of the glass. that is what we got to see at the Australia zoo we went to. All those poor little australian kids saying "what are they doing Mummy?" and "What is that gorilla doing to the other gorilla Mummy?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the gorilla kickin' it!

    ReplyDelete