Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Scarfiness

So I decided to make a scarf today. I know it is supposed to be Spring, but this morning it was freezing! So I felt a bit more justified in making Isabelle a scarf. Elizabeth made these and she led me to the blog where the instructions are posted. It is http://3punkmom.blogspot.com/ just in case any of you are interested. It turned out rather cute! I made it a little bit longer cause the instructions were for her 3-year-old. And I used the extra ruffle to make the cute flower pin. I am quite proud =)


And here it is without the flower and tied more cravat style.
And thanks Mom for helping me figure out the ruffling (the machine was being stupid...or was it the seamstress...I guess that is up for debate)

6 comments:

  1. ADORABLE. It was freezing this morning.... crazy weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a scarf like that! Elizabeth made it for me, she's the bestest. Yours is cute too, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a pretty nice scarf, Emily. Make a dude version with a dinosaur pin for Little Big-eye.

    Hey, I just made that up as a joke nickname for Ben, but I really like it so we should use it all the time. Okay? Okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute family pictures all bright and spring-. Its cold here too and we have turned on the fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your scarf turned out awesome, and such a beautiful model!

    ReplyDelete