Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Meet Marilyn

This is my friend Marilyn Newton. I have been wanting to do a blog about her for awhile and really wanted a picture of us together. I. Love. Her.
I clean her house every week cause she has a hard time getting around. I've been doing this since the end of March and I really enjoy being at Marilyn's.
First of all, she thinks I'm funny, which only encourages my behavior. She lets me act like me, which I was so nervous about at first cause she seemed so strict and proper at church.
Ladies & Gentlemen...it was all an act! She is funny and I LOVE talking to her. Sometimes I have to hurry through my cleaning because we would have chatted too long! She might be a smidgen proper, but only an infinitesimal bit! And hardly around me!
She is a single lady and her sister lives right across the street from her. That has been a blessing because Louann and Steve take such good care of her!
Well, yesterday I got the call that she isn't doing too well. I wasn't shocked because I see her every week can tell her health has been declining. She has diabetes and has been trying to heal a small cut on her foot for over a year now. Plus now her legs are swelling and the medicine the Dr's have her on is making her sick. She is going to be in the hospital for 3 days and then will go into a care center for a few months. I'm worried she might never get out.
So yesterday I went to clean. The house was empty. I missed my visit with Marilyn. She is my dear friend. I didn't like it being so quiet. Louann wants me to come in the next couple of weeks and help clean out stuff. I'm not sure I want to. It will make me so sad. I cried yesterday because her chair was empty. It was sad. But I will do it cause I love Marilyn.
So anyway, this is my friend Marilyn. Just thought you might like to meet her!

4 comments:

  1. I would have loved meeting her. I am glad you had this opportunity...what a great blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a blessing! I wish you could have met her too!

    ReplyDelete