Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Thankful chain!

This year we decided to start writing down things we were thankful for during the year on strips of colored paper. We each wrote down one thing when we had Family Home Evening. I even have a couple my mom wrte down and even one from Erin! It was so fun to read about all of the things we have been thankful for this year. So the plan was to make a chain to put on our Christmas tree. Well we got so excited about putting up the tree we forgot that we needed to put the chain up and thenour ornaments.

So instead of taking them down or even covering them up (which would make me sad) we decided to hang it on our window! It was a ton of fun! Now I just need to write down on a seperate piece of paper what everyone said.

6 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure this is the first time I have posted on your blog. Totally cute family pics and fun idea with the chain. Who cares if you forgot to put it up, it's the thought that counts right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea! You should do it every year! I am so happy to have 1. But sad cause I should have two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so fun to be part of your chain! I love the tree. Miss you all, but will try and be more thankful myself this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. I might have to copy cat, copy cat dirty rat you with this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Copy cat Dirty Rat away! I got the idea out of the family fun magazine. I think you get that one Elizabeth. The kids LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete