Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Eve Adventures

We had a most joyous & fun-filled Christmas Eve! It was just the 4 of us so we pretty much got to do whatever we wanted....So Nice!First we visited Marilyn in the Crestwood Care Center. It was SO nice to see her! The kids drew pictures for her and I gave her a family picture so she can always see our cute little faces. She seemed really happy to see us. I have missed my visits with her. Plus she looked SO good. This picture does not do her justice. She is starting to get color back in her face, she doesn't look so gaunt, just overall so much healthier & happier. There are lots of activities for her to do, plus she had beautiful pink nails (one nurse likes to give the women there manicures, so sweet). And all of the nurses just were so nice and attentive to her. Gave me such a relief to see how well she was doing there!

We then went to Costco to pick up some pictures & get some rolls. Well, lo and behold they were giving out samples. The kids got So excited, and well, frankly I did too! Matt said we were eating our hor'dourves...so of course we had to take a picture. Cheapest ones I ever ate, plus such a variety (mini quiches, blue cheese pastries, sparkling cider, buttered toast, kettle chips, and some others I can't remember!)

For dinner I made ham, corn on the cob, yams, rolls, and sparkling cider. (poor Matt is taking pictures, but soon he will be in some, don't you worry!)
Afterwards we went out and looked at Christmas lights. That is one of my favorite things to do at Christmas time.
(Look! Here he is!) Here my sweet family is modeling the pajamas I made this year. It is tradition to get jammies on Christmas Eve. And my first time making a nightgown!

Mary & Joseph & Baby Jesus

Matt played multiple roles in our Nativity this year. Usually we are at one of our parents houses so there are plenty of cousins and siblings to take on some roles. This year we had to get a little creative. Here are our wisemen, Matt & Ben (Ben got tired of being Joseph at this point)
We ate some yummy treats. We got some chestnuts this year and roasted them...you know, like in the song..."Chestnuts roasting on an open fire. Jack Frost nipping at you nose..." So we were so excited, Isabelle especially..she couldn't wait! Ummmm..yeah...can we say disgusting! I took a small bite and it was all mushy, kinda like a potato, but not as tasty. I ended up spitting it out. Isabelle was the only one who ate at least half of hers. I think she was enduring it cause she was really looking forward to it & really wanted to like it. But yeah so disappointing. I thought they would be more like a nut. And would taste more like a water chestnut. Oh well, lesson learned.
Milk & cookies for Santa. A carrot for Rudolph.
(OK, little secret...we were so sick of treats by the time "Santa" needed to eat this that we just tossed them. Well, we broke the carrot in half & "Mrs. Claus" ate some so it looked like Rudolph nibbled it. And "Santa" guzzled the milk...what a man! Are we bad parents??? Plus Matt left a couple chunks of cookie on the plate, like the size of a dime. Well the kids were like "Why didn't Santa eat all of the cookies? Look, he left some pieces!" Uhhhh..we just said "I don't know" & distracted them!)
After the kids went to bed Matt & I watched "Julie & Julia." Super cute movie. We both really liked it! We got to bed late, like after 1..yikes! Thankfully the kids woke us up @ 7:30 Christmas morning. But that is a whole other post!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fun Christmas! Your little family is sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny...
    I just love you!

    Sounds like a GREAT Christmas this year! Everyone seems so happy for what they got!

    Your kids are super cute!

    ReplyDelete